Hanging Evergreen Bough Basket {Week of Wreaths}

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Welcome to the Wednesday edition of Week of Wreaths! Today's "wreath" I am SO excited to share! I bought this half-hanging basket earlier this year at Thrift Town, but I have never really found a good way to fill it. I wanted to put evergreen in it, but the cost of $9.99 per frosted branch of artificial evergreen at Hobby Lobby set it outside of my price range (even at 50%).

So I was going to pack the basket away and use one of my other wreaths for my front door. Then I read that you can pick up free evergreen boughs at Home Depot from the trees they trim! Hello Home Depot!


I picked up five big boughs at Home Depot and paired them with the red berries (the same ones I used in my glamorous winter wreath), faux pine cones from artificial poinsettia branches I had, a cute MERRY sign from Michael's (available in a few different fabrics), and battery operated lights.

I had to assemble the basket inside because it was too cold to do it outside. If you put together your basket indoors, just be prepared for a big mess of pine needles! It's really easy to assemble. Literally all you do is cut pieces off of the big branches and put them in the basket until it is full!

Add in the pine cones, red berry picks, and lights. Gently rest in the MERRY sign and then you have a great classic hanging evergreen bough basket!


I think the battery operated light really add the holidazzle (haha) to it! Here's an ugly picture of it lit up:



{I party with 
these blogs.}

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, esp with the lights ;-) hopping over thru Domestic Superhero party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Julia! Pinned. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Julia! Love the plaid Merry! Thanks for sharing with us at The Makers. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs