Decorating for the New Year!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year, my readers! I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Day! Who stayed up until midnight on New Years Eve? Not me! But I did catch midnight in both the Eastern and Central time zones... so that's gotta count for something. :-) I'm sure like many of you I took the opportunity over the past few days to put away my Christmas decor items. I wasn't looking forward to the let down of the post-holiday weeks... but I may have found a way around it! I found a way to literally keep the brightness of the holidays into the new year!

How to decorate with bright colors for the New Year!


This all started with a trip to the Goodwill Clearance Center (or Goodwill-by-the-Pound as I like to call it) where I found over 20 bright-colored plastic snowflakes! I wouldn't use them for Christmas decorating, but I knew right away that they would be perfect to use for New Years decorating!

I was not looking forward to going from my cozy Christmas decor to... well nothing.


So instead of the abrupt change from Christmas to everyday decor, I dressed up my dresser (no pun intended) for the New Year!


Morgan says it looks like a Target Christmas! I've certainly heard worse things said about my apartment!


The mini-ornaments I got at Target for... 80% off! Only 90 cents! The cute wrapping paper that I framed I found at Goodwill (but I think it's from Target) for 59 cents!




I received the bowl as a Christmas gift from my co-worker and his wife. Isn't it beautiful? It fits so well with my New Years decor!


The wreath is from Target too and it was only $1.60!


I attached the snowflakes to the wreath with paper clips. Cute right?!

I changed up the decor on my bookcase too! I used my New Years wreath and think it looks great!

I hope you decide to keep a little color in your New Years decorating too! It sure makes the gray days of winter seem just a bit brighter!

Before & After - Christmas to New Years! How to soften the blow that the holidays are over!
Happy New Year!

{I party with these blogs.}

13 comments:

  1. I love how thrifty you were and found so many great and colorful ways to decorate for the New Year! All the bright colors are so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I've got to take my Christmas stuff down still, and I'm not looking forward to it. I think my house is going to feel a little sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so very cute! We always take our stuff down on Boxing Day. My husband says it makes him sad to leave it up any longer.

    Happy New Year!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have all Christmas decos down and boxed up but I kept out my little snowmen, fabric and ceramic. Just couldn't part with them since it's cold out and snow on ground (more coming this week I hope). IF we're going to live in snow country I might as well enjoy some of the perks of it. I had some little mini trees in jars with snow also and they're decorating a long basket with snowmen and pine cones.
    Your dresser looks so pretty and cheerful, glad you left something out to enjoy the pretty colors. It all looks gorgeous. Happy days

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snowflakes are cute! I have a love/ hate relationship with taking down Christmas decor. I hate the feeling of bareness, but I'm ready to put something new in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Julia! The bright colors are perfect for bringing in the New Year! Thanks for sharing this at the party this week. I am featuring it on Facebook and I have pinned it to the You're Gonna Love It Tuesday board on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea, Julia! I hate taking down the Christmas decorations since it's sort of depressing. Decorating for New Years is the perfect solution! Thanks so much for sharing this with our Frugal Crafty Home readers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT IDEA!!!! thanks for sharing! tons of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun! i love the colorful snowflakes. great transition from christmas. thanks for linking up to the all things pretty party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I never even think about decorating for the new year but this looks so pretty! Thank for linking up to the Weekend Wind-Down party! Now following you on all your social media platforms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that was a cute idea! Thanks for sharing and linking up with us @ #WWDParty. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always have trouble with the transition between Christmas and the new year. Your space looks so great! Colorful and cheery! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!! Thanks for linking up at Pinspiration Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs