How to Own Your Craigslist Search

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hi! Surprised I'm back? Good ol' Morgan came through again and let me borrow his old laptop until my new one arrives later this week. Which means I'm back to the blog! Yay!
Check out this AMAZING tip for searching Craigslist!
One thing I'm looking forward to once I have my new laptop? Getting my Craigslist browsing on again. Just because Craigslist is lazy-lady's flea market, I check in a few times I week... just in case. You know... just in case that can't-live-without it item is for sale.

But, if you're like me, then you're very familiar with the time-suck that Craigslist can be.

How many times have you clicked on a link for 'Dresser - Great Bones' only to find that the piece is a particle board box store dresser with chipped veneer? Yeah, not quite what we're looking for here.

On one of my visits to the list that is Craig, I started clicking on some of the options on the webpage and found the absolute best way to search Craigslist and I'm excited to share it with you all today!

In six simple steps (which you won't have to repeat in the future) you will have the perfect Craigslist search right on your desktop!



Step One
1. Select your category (I'm using 'furniture' for this example).

Step Two
2. Here is the screen we are all familiar with. The list of all of the items up for grabs.

Step Three
3. Check the little box next to the word 'pic' by the price boxes.

Step Four
4. Now you have to select "thumb" over the items listed (where the arrow is). Now you have little thumbnails next to each listing. Getting better!

Step Five
5. Now select 'gallery' right next to where you selected 'thumb'. Now all you see are the pictures of the items with descriptions below them!

Step Six
6. Now you can enter the name of the item you are searching for. For the example I typed in 'rocking chair.' Look how great this is!

Now of course you can skip most of these steps. For the abbreviated version:
     1. Once on Craigslist, select your category (or type in what you are searching for);
     2. Click the 'pic' box and select the 'gallery' choice;
     3. If you are looking for a specific item, type that into the search bar;
     4. The gallery setting is set for the next time you visit, so just be sure to select 'pic' on your next search.
The BEST way to search Craigslist! Seriously this is a great tip! From Julia @ It's Always Ruetten
Isn't this a great trick?

{I party with these blogs.}

15 comments:

  1. Julia....Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never dawned on me to sort with gallery mode on Craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius! I so need help with this, Julia. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just made things so much simpler for me!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not know there was a gallery mode. I feel so stupid now. I always search with pictures, if there is no picture, it's probably not worth my time. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!! I have never used Craig's list before..
    Thanks for linking up to Fluster's Creative Muster Party!! I am co hosting this week!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. How timely! I just shared your post on my FB Fan Page as my post today was about updating a Craigslist find -- in my case, a credenza painted turquoise for my home office. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea! Thank you so much for these great tips!!!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great tips and very timely as I plan on posting some of my projects on Craigslist for the first time next week!
    Marie@TheInteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I never thought to search in gallery mode either. Will have to do that for now on. I am on the look out for a desk currently so these are helpful tips. Thanks! Stopping by from the Weekend Blog Block Party--have a great weekend!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. great tip thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, I have only used CraigsList a few times, I've listed a few items and sold a few but never bought anything. Thanks for sharing and linking up with us at the #WWDParty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, thank you so much! I had no idea I could view the pictures without clicking. So much time saved :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice! We were looking through Craigslist for the first time on Sunday and it took FOREVER to go through everything. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs