Go for the Gold!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hey guys! I'm here with a special weekend post! I'm participating in a card challenge, so I need to get my post up in time to share. Yeah... nothing like waiting until the last minute! {Be sure to grab the free Silhouette Studio USA file below.}

The theme of the card this week is clean meaning, not frilly or overly designed. While I was brain-storming what I wanted to make for this week's challenge, I pulled inspiration from the Winter Olympics (which have been on my TV for the past week non-stop).

{Only two days left to enter the space heater giveaway! Get you entry here!}

: : Here's my "Go for the Gold" {America} card : :
Go for the Gold! // Card made by It's Always Ruetten // Free Silhouette cut file

The card challenge is hosted by Freshly Made Sketches and features a design sketch to follow when designing the card for the challenge. The sketch we were given this week was what I'm going to call.... little circles
Freshly Made Sketches Design Sketch 123
There are some really great cards linked up for this week! Since this is my first week participating, I hope I'm following all of the rules correctly (since I didn't use circles - eek).
Go for the Gold! // Card from It's Always Ruetten // Made with Silhouette Sketch Pen
Of course I used my Silhouette to make this! :-)

Supplies:
Free Chevron Pattern with the Silhouette Studio (size to be smaller and more narrow)
USA File available to download here
Gold Silhouette Sketch Pen
Recollections Scrapbook Paper // Blue Geometric // Red Stripe (available at Michael's)
The Paper Studio Scrapbook Paper // White Linen (available at Hobby Lobby)

{I party at these blogs.}

15 comments:

  1. Oh, this is really adorable! Love the red and blue behind the chevron! You just share at our link party. The new one goes up tomorrow morning at 6am.

    http://www.delineateyourdwelling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! I will be sure to make your party! Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  2. I love your card and the Olympics theme! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! And i'm in LOVE with the olympics too so if i had a reason to give or get this card and the silhouette to make it I totes would! Thank you for sharing this week at Making Monday! Pinning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Love it so much! What a fantastic card. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Awesome card! This should get the "Gold"! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and classy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This design is SO awesome! Absolutely love it...looks like an Olympic ad you would see in a magazine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dimensionality of it! So well done!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like how you did things differently. fantastic results.very creative and beautiful. you should send to one of the olympians for sure. Of course, being the Canadian that I am, I am sure a card with the country of Canada cut out would look pretty stellar too! :) I will be 'tweeting this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great, thanks for sharing and linking up with us at the #WWDParty. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs