Triple Thanks

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

How was your Monday? Did you make it through in one piece? I think it may be too early to say I'm looking forward to the weekend, but... I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Today I'm sharing a simple thanks card I made for the Dynamic Duos Triple Threat Week Challenge. I had a hard time coming up with this card, but after hours some time perusing Pinterest, I found some inspiration that I was excited to work off of.
Handmade Trendy Thank You Notecards from It's Always Ruetten

This weeks challenge was trickier than last week (which I didn't blog about as I was in the throes of stomach flu), but I love how this card turned out.

Every combination of Wild Wasabi (aka pea green), Tangerine Tango (aka orange), and Melon Mambo (aka hot pink) I could come up with looked like a tween girls chapstick collection. I just couldn't commit to it. So I turned to Pinterest and found these cards from Etsy:
Easy card idea

And I knew what I was going to make!

Using this free arrow cut file from Create Your Everyday Memories and this thanks file (that you can purchase in the Silhouette Store), I put together a versatile, trendy card.
Handmade Arrow Thank You Note cards - so cute!

I cut the thanks embellishment out of a card I made a mistake on (and just knew I was going to be able to recycle later) so it is a little thicker and provides a good level of dimension.
Thanks Silhouette Cut File

Since I wasn't sure how I wanted to use these cards, I decided to leave one of them blank in case I want to add a different sentiment to it later.
Trendy Arrow Note Cards from It's Always Ruetten

Since the inside was unfinished with three scraps of scrapbook paper glued there I added a piece of white card stock inside to finish it off.

Can't wait to use this card for a quick Summer note!

{I party with these blogs.}

11 comments:

  1. So cute Julia! Hope you are feeling better now. Arrows are popular now and I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, Julia! They're so creative! ~ Ronda @ therefurbishedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats cute--I love the neon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, the arrows are so fresh and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colorful arrows. I have been really loving arrow designs in general lately, I think it's the Katniss Everdeen influence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I wish I was better at card making. Love the arrows. Thanks for sharing at All Things Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! Stopping by from the Link it or Lump it Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia, this is so cute! I love the arrow cut outs and bright colors--brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE arrows and I LOVE these colors. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia, such a cute card and perfect for so many things! Thank you so much for sharing at Best of the Weekend! Hope you have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs