Easy Shamrock Door Hanger

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Tuesday! Can you believe we're already on our countdown to Odo's birthday St. Patrick's Day?! Where did February go?! Speaking of St. Patrick's Day, do you shorten it to St. Patty's Day or St. Paddy's Day? I'm the double t person.

When I pulled out my green decor, I decided I didn't want to reuse my DIY Mossy Door Hanger from last year because it is kind of fragile. I found a lot of inspiration for St. Patrick's Day door hangers, but it wasn't until I got into the craft store that it all came together (and I admit that I love it!). Read on to find out how to make this fail-proof project (even for the most beginner crafter)!

In less than an hour you can have yourself a great shamrock LUCK sign for your front door too!

Supplies:
2 Shamrock Felt Placemats from Michael's (on sale this week)
Hot glue gun and glue
A cute little sign (or make one, like I did) 

Instructions:
1. Layout the two shamrocks and plug in your hot glue gun to let it heat up
2. Apply a bead of hot glue around one of the curves of the houndstooth placemats
3. Immediately lay it over the solid shamrock - taking care to line it up perfectly
4. Working your way around the shamrocks, apply more hot glue leaf-by-leaf, until they are completely attached.

5. {Optional} Adhere your sign to the front of the shamrock.
    a. I used a file I made on my Silhouette and cut it out of glitter cardstock, but you could cut it out by hand
    b. Or you can look at all of the cute little signs at the craft stores and add one of them to the front

I hot glued a piece of string in a loop to the back to hang from my door. I think I might need to add a little something more because it is hanging crooked, but it works!

For well under $5, this little project adds a great pop of Leprechaun green to my front door!
What do you think? Do you like to re-purpose items? Be sure to head to your Michael's and pick these up before they're gone!

{I party with these blogs.}

8 comments:

  1. If you want you can come over and linkup @ http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/
    We are having a St.Patrick and Birthday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Patty's day is not accurate

    http://paddynotpatty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, my Irish Eyes are smiling about this one! So easy! I have to get over to Michael's anyway, and right now our door is empty. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww lovely :) thanks for linking up last week to Creative Mondays, featuring your post this week at the blog hop...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing on Show Off Friday -Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love easy crafts like this. Would love if you shared this on the Spring Craft Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect and easy and featuring when my party opens up tonight !

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs