Happy Birthday, Yet Again!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

I can't believe that March is nearly in the rear-view mirror for us! I went to two local scrapbook shops today and had so much fun looking through their inventory. The papers, embellishments, stamps, tools... everything really, are endless! I picked up some things at both stores and can't wait to show you the cards I've made with them already.

There are some cards that are always good to have in stock - like birthday cards; and today I'm back with another birthday card! Using the clean and graphic style, I created this simple birthday card for March's Challenge #6 at The Card Concept.

I simply cut a piece of bright chevron cardstock and a smaller piece of vellum and layered them together. I used two words: happy / birthday from Kolette Hall's collection from the Silhouette Store. I love all of her word designs and bought myself quite a few with all of the cut files being 50% this month (thank you gift card from when I purchased my Silhouette!). 
I have a co-worker whose birthday is on Tuesday (yes, April Fools Day), so I think I will give this to her. it will be my first handmade card I've given to anyone but my mom or grandma! 

Hope you are having a great weekend!

{I party with these blogs.}

7 comments:

  1. Love the vellum panel toning down the pattern colors and the gorgeous font & size of the birthday greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the thin die cut and the softening of the colours through the use of vellum! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vellum overlay has such a wonderful effect on the background Julia. A great choice for the sentiment too. A gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paper you chose, great colors for a spring birthday card! Stopping by from the Bloggers Digest on Pig & Dac, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the chevron and the vellum overlay! Your friend will love getting a hand made card from you. Thanks so much for sharing on our Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! Please join us again next week!

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing and linking up with us at the #WWDParty. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs