Happy Turtle Birthday Card

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Back in January, while I was perusing Goodwill, I hit the jackpot and found an entire package of unopened scrapbook paper. Before I jumped in the deep-end and brought it home, I looked through as much of it as I could (through the sealed packaging) and decided I could use it. It ended up mostly being pastels and shapes and designs for babies. it was a great buy at $2.99 for the package of double-sided papers.

When the layout came out for this week's Freshly Made Sketches came out, I knew right away what I was going to use for my "any shape"... a turtle! Happy Turtle Birthday!
Cute Turtle Birthday Card for a Boy

My best friend from high school has two boys under the age of three (bless her) so I think this card will be perfect for later this year when their birthday's come around.

Here is the Freshly Made Sketches design for this week:
The great thing about working with papers from a pack are that they are all coordinated and the colors work perfectly together. I layered three different pages then cut out one of the little turtles from a sheet of them.
Happy Turtle Birthday Card for a Boys Birthday!
As you can see from the closeup, the Happy Birthday wording cut out a little rough on my Silhouette. I'm not sure if it's that my Silhouette blade is dull or if I just need to set my blade to cut deeper. The Happy Birthday cut out is available in the Silhouette Store.

To top it off, I put one of the turtles on the back so it's an all around sweet design!
See ya later - Turtle!
{I party with these blogs.}

6 comments:

  1. Sweet card Julie! Love the fun, bright colours and that adorable turtle! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. o cute! The turtles are sweet! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute turtle card...love how you placed one on the back too!
    thanks for stopping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great buy! Adorable card too! found your link on Friday Favorites link party

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing it with us last week! This week's party is live and I would love to see more of what you've been up to! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs