Garage Sale Grabs!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Monday morning! I hope you had a great weekend and Easter! I had a relaxing, productive weekend. I worked on my dining room table, did laundry (a miracle), and spent quite a bit of the weekend cleaning. 

I garage saled (yes, it's a verb) on Saturday until it started raining... yes raining, here in the desert. I am not a big fan of garage sales because of the hit-and-miss junk-o-sales that so many of them are. But! - in the last few weeks I have actually found some really great deals!

A few weekends ago, I went to a charity garage sale by my apartment. It was hosted by a group of 20-30 year olds, so I was hoping that the things they would be selling would be for, well, 20-30 year olds (aka me). I totally hit the jackpot with this sale. I walked away with some clothes, a diploma cover for Morgan, and my dream carpet cleaner!

I had this carpet cleaner on my Christmas wish list and was even given a $50 gift card to Target towards it. But I just couldn't justify the $130 price tag. So I sat on it and decided to wait. Then the angels sang and I found it at a garage sale! For $15! It even had solution still in the tank! I have used it quite a few times so far (probably finding excuses) and so far I love it! It's totally vindicating and completely revolting to empty the dirty water canister into the sink and see brown go down the drain.

At that same garage sale, I picked up the first season of Franklin & Bash. I haven't seen it before but I am a 90's fan of Mark-Paul Gosselaar's Saved By the Bell; and it was only $1!

This weekend, I didn't have much planned, so I searched "scrapbooking" on Craigslist and found a listing for a garage sale with scrapbooking supplies. I ended up driving well across town (much further than the little map picture suggested) and was more than disappointed with the selection. I wasn't going to leave without getting something, so I picked up this new-in-package spatula from Cricut. It to was only $1 

I picked up some good deals on the way back from the garage sale as I hit up the thrift stores along the way. They are DIY fixer-upper projects and I can't wait to get to them to share with you!

I have my eye on this little piece listed on Craigslist (to replace the dresser I got last year but just haven't fallen in love with). I hope it stays around until this coming weekend!

How did you spend your weekend? Did you find any great thrifty deals?


1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs