Mambo Butterfly

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I was hoping to combine my card posts into one post per week, rather than several posts, but I wasn't able to get good pictures taken for the second card of this post. Oh, well! Just something a little special over the weekend to post!

Today's butterfly card combines two challenges into one (which I'm really excited I was able to accomplish). I used a free cut file I got from the Silhouette Store and a little Pinterest inspiration to create my Mambo Butterfly card!
Hello Butterfly Card #DD97 (Melon Mambo & Tempting Turquoise)

I combined the Dynamic Duos Challenge #97 and The Card Concept Challenge #7 and created this fun Summery card!
As is my usual style, I chose to make a clean and graphic card. I love that I was able to make it 3D, since that really is the beauty of the butterfly!

Here is the card from Pinterest that inspired my design:
My creative Corner:  Cute butterfly card - use combination of punches/framelits
I didn't think I was going to like the butterfly challenge - but I proved myself wrong (which is sometimes a good thing)!

Hope you are having a great day - only one more until it's FRIDAY!

{I party with these blogs.}

10 comments:

  1. So so pretty!!! Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the inverse die cuts. Thank you for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty!! I love the cut out wings ;o) Emily@nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Julia! You did a great job with your inspired card! Love the patterns that you used for your butterflies. So sweet! Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute…love them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, this would brighten anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fav is your blue loopy 'hello.' Visiting via "HitMeWithYourBestShot" linkup

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! I love the three dimensional butterflies. Thank you for sharing it and you delicious looking rapsberry muffins at the party. Happy Easter! Blessings ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. these areAWESOME!!!Well done~!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards! Love butterflies very much!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs