Rain, Rain Come & Stay

Saturday, April 26, 2014

That's what I would sing if it ever rained here in Albuquerque. But alas it's just windy (like crazy Santa Ana winds, windy), so I will keep my fingers crossed for raindrops soon!

Remember back a few weekends ago when I shared three cards in one post? Well one of those (the purple one) won the challenge that I entered it in, and with the win, I actually won stamps from Verve! I haven't stamped before, so I took my time looking through all of the stamps they have on their website (so many - and not too expensive!). I decided on a sheet of stamps with a variety of designs and they came in the mail this week. Look how great the stamped sentiment fits with my umbrella card!
Rainy Day Card #FMS133

I combined two challenges (theme (clean and layered) and layout) and came up with this simple blue card.

I definitely need to work on my stamping technique, but I think I'm going to end up really liking adding stamped sentiments to my cards!
Shakespeare Quote Card #FMS133

There were some amazing cards made for the challenges this week. Here are a few of my favorites:

The Card Concept

http://www.kerinstamps.com/stampin_with_kerin/2014/04/the-card-concept-challenge-8.html

Freshly Made Sketches

What crazy Spring weather is happening near you?

{I party with these blogs.}

10 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! I think you'll be hooked on stamping in no time at all. Try using an eraser on those new stamps before you ink them up. It will help the ink stick better. Have fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win. I love the sentiment on this card! Simple but very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did the card sketch justice with the colours and patterns you put together. What a lovely sentiment! I love the simple elegance of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an absolutely adorable card Julia. I seem to be bumping into your lovely blog much nowadays. Keep up the wonderful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card!! Love the paper,the vellum and sentiment!!
    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and The Card Concept!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great example of Clean and layered...love that vellum, such a soft and very elegant card with a beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just fabulous! Such a pretty CAS card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so lovely and clean! Love your use of all that white space! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept & Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting my card :) Well you've got no rain, and we've had too much rain..if only we could share!! I feel like we're never going to get to the nice weather around here (Massachusetts) at this rate. Anyway, your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so lucky to have great spring weather here! Loving your sweet cards!

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party!

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs