Raspberry Coffee Cake Muffins

Monday, April 14, 2014

It's no secret that I love raspberries. Last year for my birthday, Morgan even bought me a jar of raspberry jam from our favorite local raspberry patch (which he managed to drop and break the jar before getting it to me). So, when I was contacted by Wyman's of Maine asking if I would like to create a recipe using one of their frozen berry products, I though, "Well, of course I would!"
{I was provided a coupon for a free Wyman's of Maine product, but not compensated any other way. 
The recipe and all opinions expressed in this post are mine.}

The funny thing is, I hadn't heard of Wyman's of Maine before being contacted by them, but the day after I received their e-mail, I opened the freezer at work and a bag of Wyman's frozen strawberries fell on to the floor. I think our partnership was meant to be!

I got to brainstorming and thought about making a raspberry sauce, or Popsicle, but it isn't quite warm enough for Popsicles, and I don't really have a use for a sauce. So it hit me - make a baked good! 

I used my family's go-to coffee cake recipe, but assembled them as muffins and added raspberries! 

Raspberry Coffee Cake Muffins with Wyman's of Maine
Yield 10 Large Muffins

Ingredients: 
For crumble:
1/3 Cup baking mix (like Bisquick, Jiffy, or Pioneer Brand)
1/3 Cup packed brown sugar
1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoons cold butter or margarine

For coffee cake:
2 Cups baking mix
2/3 Cup milk
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Egg
1 Cup (or more) frozen Wyman's of Maine raspberries

Cupcake pan and liners (or casserole dish for traditional coffee cake)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°
2. Mix together all of the ingredients for the crumble using a fork to break up the butter or margarine into small pieces - set aside;
3. Mix together all ingredients for the coffee cake, except the raspberries, until well blended;
4. Gently fold in the raspberries;
5. Line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners;
6. Pour a small spoonful of the batter into each liner;
7. Place a small spoonful of crumble on top of each batter;
8. Use the remaining batter to top off each muffin;
9. Sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of each muffin - pressing down to make it stick well;
10. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, checking periodically until they are firm to the touch (use a knife inserted in the middle of one to test for doneness).
11. Enjoy!
I was really surprised how big and full the frozen raspberries were. I have been eating other brands for years and always find the berries broken into small pieces at the bottom of the bag. I really recommend Wyman's of Maine for any recipes where having full, plump berries is important!

For more berry and coffee cake ideas, check out these recipes from
It's Always Ruetten below:
{I party with these blogs.}

4 comments:

  1. I love raspberries too! I am going to try this recipe. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Raspberries are my favorite!

    I hopped over from the Hit Me with Your Best Shot link up

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these look yummy. I love fruit but think that raspberries are my favorite. Can't wait to try these.
    Have a blessed Easter,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I'm so looking forward to this summer so I can eat some fresh raspberries!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs