Way back in 1988...

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Today I turn the big 2-6! I guess there is no denying that at this point, I'm 100% an adult. No turning back now! My dad called me last night and with nostalgia recounted my birth. The big takeaway is that by the time he made it to the hospital and walked in the room it was like an episode of M*A*S*H. 

Everything had proceeded so quickly that he missed my actual birth! Initially my parents thought it would be a slow day, the day I was born, so my dad stopped off for gas on his way to the hospital (although for years the story was that he stopped for donuts) and by the time he made it to the hospital - BAM! - there I was! 8:30 in the morning on Sunday, April 24, the first day of softball season. 

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to look back and see what life was like when I was born!

Average Income per Year
$24,450

Price of Gallon of Gas
91 cents

Average Price for a New Car
$10,400

Movie Ticket
$3.50

Postage Stamp
48 cents

Dozen Eggs
65 cents

Gallon of Milk
$1.89

Highest Grossing Film of 1988
Rain Man ($172+ Million)

Top Selling Album of 1988
George Michael - Faith

Baseball
1988 marks the first year a night game was played at Wrigley Field

I can't even say that was just a quarter century ago... because it was 26 years ago! Happy birthday to all my 4/24 birthday twins out there!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! April of 1988 I was in 8th grade and we were gearing up to go on the big class trip to Hershey Park/Gettysburg. I can't believe that was the year you were born--man I'm old!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs