Double the Birthday Fun

Sunday, May 4, 2014

I have tried to limit myself to buying only clearance and consignment items for my card making (outside of card stock and adhesive) just because my little hobby could be ex-pensive if I'm not careful. So yesterday morning I went to The Hen House (a local scrapbooking store) to see what new items were up in the consignment corner. I bought some sentiment stamps (like six for $4!) and used the happy birthday stamp on this new card.

The stamps were the older wood-block style, so I wasn't able to see where I was stamping, so when I tried to re-stamp the happy birthday to get a better application of the y in birthday, I clearly didn't line it up exactly... but I like the layered (and dual color) look.

I used the Freshly Made Sketches layout for this fun lighthearted card.

I don't know if you can see in the picture of the card, but the edges on the cut out pieces aren't as clean as I would like them. I used a straight-edge cutter but I need to sharpen the blade on it. Anyone have have any suggestions on how to sharpen the little blade on the cutter?

Hope you have a great Sunday!

{I party with these blogs.}

2 comments:

  1. Such a bright and cheery birthday card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Julia! I love that pink background! Love those white pearls! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs