Mom is a Three Letter Word {Free Cut File}

Thursday, May 1, 2014

I cannot believe today is May 1st. Where did April go?! If you are a big reader of blogs, then I'm sure you've noticed that there are a ton of posts recently about Mother's Day which is coming up fast in only ten days. Some are about gifts, ideas to celebrate. Some bloggers are sharing recipes and cute outfits to wear to brunch. But here, yep, you guessed it, I'm sharing a simple, but very cute, Mother's Day card.

Of course I used my Silhouette to make this, but you could easily make this without one too.
Pretty Mother's Day Card made with Silhouette Portrait! Free cut file to download too!

I was inspired by a card challenge to make this and also by a cute card I found on Pinterest. I picked up the fun bright paper at a local scrapbook store in their clearance section, so it was only about 15 cents. Yes, 15 cents. 

The card challenge surrounds the number three. The challenge is to use three of something, or a third of the card, or a three letter word, or three different colors... you get the drift.

To make the card, I started with pre-cut card card stock. Then placed my "mom" cut file centered on it and indicated that I also wanted a cut across the bottom so the paper would show at the bottom as well.

The final steps were to cut out one piece of the plaid paper to fit the front and another coordinating piece to adhere to the inside of the plaid paper (since it had an Easter design on the back).

I really like how it turned out. I think it looks more complicated than it was to make.

Get you free "mom" cut file here.

Do you have any plans for Mother's Day yet?

{I party with these blogs.}

8 comments:

  1. Yes, the month of April came and went in the blink of an eye - soon it will be Memorial Day! Thanks for sharing and linking up again with us at the #WWDParty. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that multi-coloured 'Mom" and the font is so cute. Not to mention clearance sections are my fav. Visiting you via "CreateWithJoyInspireMeMonday" linkup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The font and colors are so perfect. Thank you for linking up with us at The Makers! Pinning!
    Corey @ TinySidekick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that I'm featuring this post at this week's Weekend Wind-Down party! You can see your feature and grab a button, as well as link up new posts, Friday night at 6pm. Thanks for giving us great content to feature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so cute and colorful! Thanks for sharing at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop. Just wanted to let you know I will be featuring your card tomorrow night. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs