Picture Window

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

With Mother's Day only a few days away, I want to share with you  a pastel and gold glitter card I made this weekend. One of the best things I have learned since I have started making cards is to use coordinating papers - makes such a big impact! I used coordinating papers for this mom card and love how it turned out.
Handmade Pastel and Gold Mother's Day Card

I am submitting this card into the My Favorite Things weekly card challenge. Here is the challenge sketch:
MFTWSC174

Here is a closeup of the gold glitter stickers. They are Thickers letters and really standout on this card!
Gold Glitter Mother's Day Card

I liked the card layout so much from above, that I used it to create another card for a new-to-me challenge - the weekly Fusion Card Challenge.
Embossed Red Chevron Sequence Window Card

I used my new embossing template with chevrons and made a picture window (with recycled clear packaging from a set of coasters I am upcycling - look for that project soon!). I kind of just winged the picture window and would love to find a tutorial on how to make a real picture window.

Here is a close-up of the picture window and the sequins (which I got at a thrift store for 50 cents!). 
Handmade Red Picture Window Card

I just want to thank everyone who has continued reading as my blog content has evolved. I know I share mostly handmade cards these days, so I appreciate everyone who has continued to read as the direction of my blog has changed somewhat.

I hope you all have a great day!

{I party with these blogs.}

7 comments:

  1. These are really cute! I love those glitter letters and the sequin window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both really great cards, Julia! Your shaker card with the chevrons underneath looks like it would be really fun to play with : ) Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards Julia. I love your shaker card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you create a window shaker card :-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great DIY card, thank you for coming back to share it with us at the #WWDParty - Happy Mother's Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! What mom doesn't want a homemade card! I know mine will even if her kids are grown …lol
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cute, I love the little pictured window! Thanks for sharing them with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs