Easy Silhouette Storage Tip

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Little trinkets. The bane of my apartment cleaning troubles. I don't even have kids, but I have piles of little things... paper clips, safety pins, twisty ties, cat things... the Silhouette blade adjuster. Drives me nuts. But with just one minute, I conquered one of those things!


I'm not sure if I missed something in the set up of my Silhouette Portrait, but the blade adjuster has always bugged me because it isn't connected to the actual machine. Meaning the chances of me losing it are pretty darn high. The blade adjuster is about a one-inch long cylinder with no good place to be stored. If I were to lose the adjuster it wouldn't be a big deal because there is a built-in one on the machine; but it's the principal of it all. 

The trick to storing the blade adjuster? Velcro! 


All you need is a scrap of Velcro. I cut a square in half. Attach the two pieces of Velcro together, then attach the blade adjuster to the exposed side. Trim off any extra then, attach then peel off the Velcro from the plastic and attach it to the curved part of the Silhouette. Close the Silhouette and put on the dust cover. Boom! Conquered!

Here's a quick tip for storing the #Silhouette Portrait blade adjuster!

Do you know where the blade adjuster is actually supposed to be stored? What other storage tricks do you have?

9 comments:

  1. To answer you question. Yes I know where the blade changer is suppos3d to be stored.... in that little flower shaped hole on the base of the machine right beside where you have added the piece of velcro .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assumed that is where it was supposed to go, but mine doesn't fit. It would just sit on top, not in it. I wonder if my adjuster is maybe missing a piece?

      Delete
  2. I threw mine away because the flower shaped hole does the same exact function. But, so clever of you to use some velcro and keep everything all together! I also love that little silhouette cover you have. Did it come with yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dust cover did come with it. There are so many cute colors on the Silhouette America Store. I have mine by a window I keep open sometimes so it was a complete requirement with all of the dust we get here!

      Delete
  3. I use the little hole on the Silhouette. It is made to do the same thing and I can't keep up with the loose adjuster :) .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my cameo for a couple years and had no idea there was a holder for that thing. It's been lost for too long to remember so I guess it doesn't matter for me anymore. :-/

    Good solution with the Velcro though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little hole isn't for storing the adjuster, it's for actually rotating the blade so in case you lose the adjuster you can still turn your blade :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia
    I love this! I have spent too much time looking for my 2 blades! Thanks for linking up to Friday Favorites! Hope to see you this week! Just get me to Friday! laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really smart idea! I'm always misplacing my adjuster.

    Kristy @ 3 Peppers Recipes - Crafts, Cooking & Color

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs