Something New, Something Old, Something Borrowed, Something BLUE

Monday, June 9, 2014

This weekend I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of the daughter of a coworker of mine. I knew I wanted to make the couple's card by hand, so I was excited when a few bits of inspiration came together to bring to life this fun blue (teal, actually) card!


The first bit of inspiration came from the wedding colors. The colors were teal/turquoise/bluish-green, silver, and white. The wedding decor was gorgeous! I was excited to make this card because I knew I had a shimmery teal paper to work with in my stash.


The second piece of inspiration came from this week's My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge:
MFTWSC179

The third piece of inspiration came from a cupcake topper I found on a wedding projects roundup from Etsy. The cupcake topper is from Elizabeth Doo-Dah! How stinkin' cute is this?!


I found the diamond ring cut file in the Silhouette Store (and it looks identical to the one used in the cupcake toppers!!). I had a little trouble cutting it and would have loved to keep working on it... but I made the card an hour before I had to leave for the wedding, so I didn't have time to keep working on it... boo. I know I need to offset the cut file to make the lines a bit wider and sturdier.

Anywho, the card came together so well... I love it!


I also had a fun time being a little creative with the wrapping for the present. I don't have any turquoise ribbon, so I found silver and teal tissue paper at the Dollar Tree and followed this tutorial to create an over-sized tissue paper flower to embellish the wrapping with!


Congratulations to the newly married couple!

{I party with these blogs!}

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Julia! That shimmery turquoise really pops, and the ring cut out is so fun. The bride will definitely appreciate your efforts! Cheers, Catherine (newest follower of your blogging adventures!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute and fun...pinned!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs