10 Stunning DIY Projects {featuring Gold}

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Do you ever wonder if we will look back on this time when gold accents are back in style and wonder, "what were we thinking?"? Will it be like how we cringe looking back at the eighties with all of the highly shiny brass? I mean, it was in style then, right?

Either way, I am all about the newest incarnation of gold being good. Just like with anything, I think it can be, and is often times, over-used; but as a simple accent, a little bit of gold can add class to a place or project. Here is a round up of my ten favorite gold projects! {Most of these came from my now-defunct Finding Friday collection of projects to share.}



I think all of these would look great in any home!

DIY Gilded Vase from thewhitebuffalostylingco.com via MakelyHome.com

DIY Gold Desk Dishes

Ralph Lauren-Inspired Gold Striped Pillow at JustAGirlAndHerBlog.com

VIntage Desk Makeover


DIY Gold Mouse Pad | Homey Oh My!

DIY Gold Magnet Letters | Inspired by Charm

DIY Gold Mason Jar Vases

Homemade Gold Leaf Coasters

IKEA Malm Dresser Makeover- Campaign Style

What is your take on the gold trend? Yay? Nay? Do any of these projects stand out to you? 

Share links to your favorite gold projects in the comments section!

{I party with these blogs!}

11 comments:

  1. All these projects are great! I am loving the gold trend. I hope it sticks around for a while. I like silver too but Gold just gives such a warmth.

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the gold, even though I didn't think I would at first. Just bought some gold metallic spray paint and did the magnetic letters this afternoon. Thanks for the other ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the guilded vase and the jars! Darling! Thanks for sharing. I need to get some gold metallic spray paint. Oh, the things I could do....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful things made more beautiful with a touch of gold. Lovely collection thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving gold right now!! I am wishing I had used gold items in our home decor rather than silver. Next time! I really love that gold mouspad, and the gold dresser is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing, visiting from Busy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been my favorite accent color for years! I love that the projects in the round up are manageable!
    xo, army wife to suburban life

    ReplyDelete
  7. That eye glass art is so fun! Thanks for linking up with us at the DIY'ers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving these small additions of gold!

    Emily- Our house now a home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia- wow this is great. I love gold so much... these are all such great ideas! I have/made the gold fridge letters and I'm obsessed. It just brightens things up! |SimplyKendallRose

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all for making anything shiny and gold - love them all, especially those mason jar vases - so simple but beautiful!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the gold letter and the Mason jars! Awesome projects!

    Thanks for sharing on Show-Licious!

    Pinning!
    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs