Birthday Wishes

Monday, July 14, 2014

Today's card is extra special to share! This is my first "commissioned" card! Do you remember last summer when I went to Utah for my co-worker's wedding? Well her husband's birthday is tomorrow and she asked if I would make a card for his birthday! Of course, I said yes; I was so honored that she thought of me!

She asked me after I made my first masculine card, so I was excited to have this challenge again. Her husband is nearing (or in) his 40's, so I didn't want to make anything that wouldn't be appropriate for him. I started by pulling out the papers in my collection that I would work for a masculine card then got to work!



I used this week's Freshly Made Sketches sketch for inspiration then made all of my cuts using my Silhouette.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for the card's message, so I browsed through the Silhouette Store for a but file I could put o the pennant and instead found a sketch pen message! I never thought of using a "written" sentiment until I found it (duh). I love how it turned out, a little subdued but still perfectly matching for the card colors.


I also decided to stay away from bows for the card since I didn't think they would fit the feel of the masculine card. Instead I used cork arrow stickers!


I am pretty surprised how much I like this card! I am completely happy with how it turned out and am very proud to pass it along to be given for a birthday.


I can't wait to see what my friend thinks of the card. Hopefully she likes it!

{I party with these blogs!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs