Do What You Love {& Love What You Do}

Friday, July 25, 2014

Do what you love. Four simple words. One pretty strong statement, in my opinion. 

This phrase (that is also this week's free file from Silhouette) is one of the reasons I blog and make cards. I do them because they allow me to be creative; and I do them because I love doing them. Remember, life is about more than just your work. Find time for yourself in the hustle and bustle, and do things that make you happy.



I absolutely love the color combination on this card. I discovered the Colour Me! challenge from another blogger's (also named Julia) post on her gorgeous cards. I knew this color set was one that spoke to me.


I found it tricky to combine five colors into one card without it looking super busy, so I decided to make another shaker card and use black and gold sequins to get in those two colors. The shaker card was a perfect decision to fit into the sketch design from My Favorite Things
MFTWSC186

Isn't that circle in a square just screaming to be a picture window?

If you look closely you'll see that the yellow flag on the bottom of the two is the same paper as the anchor on the wreath I shared earlier this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

{I party with these blogs!}

2 comments:

  1. What a fun shaker card Julia - I love your die cut sentiment and those glitzy sequins against the bright pink and yellow, great use of this week's challenge colours! Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week - hope to see you in the gallery again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia :) So happy you found our challenge through my blog and were inspired by the colors. I think it's brilliant that you used sequins to pull the color scheme together and – who doesn't love shaker cards?? ;)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

    Julia
    CMCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs