E is for Erin

Sunday, July 13, 2014

My {former} college roommate, Erin, is by-far my best friend. The story of how we became roommates is long and detailed, but we were destined to live within the same four walls for four years. Erin is an incredible teacher who is passionate about her students and her success as a young professional. 



Not only is Erin a few months younger than me, but she is much better at remembering and commemorating my birthday than I am hers. But not this year! This year I bought her gift all the way back in... April - for a July birthday!

Since I found the perfect gift for her this year, I knew I needed to pair it with an equally perfect card. I was inspired by this weeks My Favorite Things sketch and created a bright and colorful card for her birthday!

MFTWSC184


I knew I wanted purple in the card, not only because it is one half of our alma mater colors, but because it is the color of Erin's apartment decor! I put together purple with a scalloped paper I have been wanting to use for quite a while. I love the contrast with the polka dots. The turquoise is a strong modern color that works perfectly with the scalloped paper.


Rather than using a stamp for the birthday message, I decided to use her initial since I had the perfect font to place it centered in the circle.

Remember when I mentioned that my favorite local scrapbook shop is shutting down? Well, look at this great stamp that I snagged from them for just $1!


Happy {early} birthday, Erin!

{I party with these blogs!}

2 comments:

  1. I love it Julia! I'm the worst at remembering birthdays and always feel horrible afterwards. That stamp is the perfect touch and handmade gifts are always the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a cute idea for a card (by the way i am jealous of your great stamp deal). I would love for you to share your project on my Meet Up Monday Blog Party!
    http://jennymaire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs