Harvest Time

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Alright, alright. I'm not a country girl, but I know we're still a few weeks out from full-on harvest time. But like I always mention, I love fall. So when I saw that The Paper Players was putting up a monochromatic challenge, I knew I was going to make a fall-centric card.

Monochromatic Brown & Metallic Autumn Card #PP205 #CTS85


I think the browns work well with the cream card base (the same cream card base I swore to myself just a few days ago I would never use). The Paper Players challenge is to pair monochromatic with clean and simple.


I paired the color scheme with this basic (and challenging) layout challenge from CAS(E) this Sketch!.


Monochromatic Brown & Metallic Autumn Card #PP205 #CTS85

Here is the harvest sketch close up:

Monochromatic Brown & Metallic Autumn Card #PP205 #CTS85

Although I used the same cut file twice, the leaves are a bit different sizes. Not sure why that is. But it's a pretty card regardless.

{I party with these blogs!}

5 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely Julia! The way you added the sentiment if very cool. I too love fall and can't wait for it to arrive. So glad you shared your creation at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Julia! My favorite are fall cards,I love that leaf. Thanks for joining us at Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card, Julia! I love cards in earth tones, and also how you photographed it with the woodgrain behind it. The sequins are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fall card! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS fall card! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players tis week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs