It's a Pastel Party!

Friday, July 18, 2014

My family is extremely small. Just my sister and I, three cousins, and two aunts and an uncle. So, when I got a call a few years ago that one of my cousins in-laws lived in the same town I work in, I was shocked! That was about two years ago... and next weekend, we will all be getting together to celebrate my second-cousin's third birthday. I don't know anything about 3-year-old little girls... except that pink is usually a hit.

Pastel Birthday Card for 3 Year Old #FMS145


I have a few ideas what I want to look for, for her present, but I also wanted to make her a special card. I was able to piggy-back off of the same idea I used for this card and featured the '3' in her card. I used the Freshly Made Sketches layout for inspiration.
I chose the colors for the card based on one of my regular challenges - Curtain Call. BUT! In a twist of bringing the big blogland together, the inspiration photo is from the blog Two Twenty One, that I featured as one of my very favorite blogs in this post. It was her office that first caught my eye, so it was full circle that it was chosen as the inipsriation photo. (Note: Curtain Call has not credited Two Twenty One directly for the photo- frustrating- and they haven't corrected it after I left a note in the comments (that wasn't published)).


I featured the white, pale pink, blue, and gray in the shaker '3'.

Pastel Birthday Card - Curtain Call Inspiration July 15

Overall, I am really happy with how the card turned out. I hope to make more shaker cards and hone my skills there! Can't wait for the party!

Pastel Birthday Card #FMS145

{I party with these blogs!}

5 comments:

  1. Three year old girls definitely love pink and sparkly so you've nailed it with this card! I love that you've made a shaker element for the circle! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the photo adn a great card. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! Such a fun, fun card for a little girl. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous. I love shaker cards, I can't believe I've not made one for ages, Thank you for reminding me of how nice they are. Have a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet idea, I love the soft colors. Thank you for sharing at Friday Favorites!

    Emily- Our house now a home

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs