Navy & Light Blue

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Happy Saturday! I am a big fan of weekends - and this one is no different. I'm hoping to finish up a few projects, make a few good meals, and stay cool. What are your plans?

When I make cards, I tend to stay away from color themes are that are masculine. I guess I just don't have much creativity with them, I'm not really sure why. But I took the opportunity this week to really challenge myself to make a card with "boy" colors and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Navy & Light Blue Ampersand Card #ctd300


The color inspiration came from the Color Throwdown 300 challenge:


I love the ampersand trend and figured it would be a great way to incorporate all of the colors without making the card too masculine.


I used a new technique I discovered while playing around with this card. I realized that I can make a negative-positive cut with my Silhouette to keep my cards one-layer. I did that with the ampersand and it fits right into the negative space of the blue paper.

DIY Trendy Ampersand Card!

Hope you have a relaxing Saturday!

{I party with these blogs!}

8 comments:

  1. So glad you decided to play along with us at Color Throwdown! Great CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you joined us! Fun to inset a did in the negative...perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Manly cards are always difficult, unless they are sport or hobby themed, and that can get a bit boring. This is really different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card looks great, and I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful simple design... thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely choice of colors!
    The design is beautiful too.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I <3 the stripes and your bright ampersand!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs