Navy & Yellow Wreath {My New Favorite Color Combo + Inspiration Ideas}

Monday, July 21, 2014

My new favorite color combination is hands down navy and yellow. I'm not sure what led me to these colors, but I love them! So, since I was in need of a new wreath for my front door, I went right to those colors. The best part about this wreath? Everything I used I had on hand!



The wreath is simple to make. All you have to do is wrap yarn around a wreath form. I used yarn I have been hanging on to for two years (here is my original use for it), and as always, used half of the wreath form. The anchor is a chip board cut-out I got from Michael's and had been hanging on to for a few months.

I originally tried to spray paint the anchor yellow, but the chip board didn't accept the paint well and was really splotchy. For Plan B I used Mod Podge and covered the anchor in yellow trellis paper. 

To cut out the paper, I Mod Podged it to the anchor first and used an Xacto knife to cut around the shape. For the most part it turned out well. I rushed it in a few spots and tore the yellow or curled the edges. But overall the striking yellow really stands out.


I used regular Mod Podge (I had stored away) and love that it gave the anchor a shiny finish. 


I attached my anchor with yellow ribbon because it is so heavy I knew it needed to be secured strongly. I was going to push pins hot-glued to the back, but I knew the hot glue would melt in the heat we have been having here. I think the color combo looks great on my brown front door!

Here are some of my other favorite navy and yellow combination wreaths!




But it's not just wreaths where I love this color combination. I also think it looks great to wear!




Navy and yellow is showing up everywhere! At weddings (a high school girlfriend had these as her wedding colors a few years ago, blogs, and home decor!


Just like has happened with nearly all of my other wreaths, I think this one is my favorite one yet that I have made!


What is your favorite color combo right now?

{I party with these blogs!}

5 comments:

  1. Navy and Gold are University of Michigan colors. Love that combo too. CONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and then to see all the other's I'm not sure which one I love the best. What a great pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia! I love your taste! The anchor wreaths, as well as the other wreaths are beautiful! You're such a crafty girl! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with yellow right now. And i just love nautical and your wreath:) Anchors aweigh! Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your wreath - you're right, it's a lovely colour combination!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs