Peanut Butter & Chocolate Marshmallow Treats

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Marshmallow Treats aka Reese's Marshmallow Treats

This is the story of turning something "so-so" into something "wow-wow". 

It all started with a sale on cereal and three boxes of Reese's Puffs cereal making their way into my cupboard. Even knowing this isn't my favorite cereal, I just couldn't pass up on $1 cereal (with coupons). 


So after getting home, I decided to look in my pantry and see what else I had that I could use to pair with the cereal. A bag of marshmallows, a little margarine later and I had a pan of yummy treats!

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Marshmallow Treats aka Reese's Marshmallow Treats

To make these gooey treats you will need:

8 cups of Reese's Puffs cereal
1 bag of mini-marshmallows
1 tablespoon margarine (or butter)
Cooking spray

Begin by melting your marshmallows and margarine in a large pot over medium heat. (Note: my marshmallows were rock hard and still melted into the perfect sticky marshmallow binder.) While your marshmallows and margarine are melting, spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Stir your marshmallows until they melt.


Once melted, stir in the cereal. While the marshmallows are still warm, spray your hands with cooking spray and scoop out the cereal and marshmallow mixture and place into the casserole dish. Flatten into an even layer. 

Place in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Then cut the treats before all of the marshmallows harden.

Enjoy!


{I party with these blogs!}

8 comments:

  1. Yummy...these look and sound good...been forever since I had this cereal!!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are definitely being made at our house! yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look AMAZING!! I have to pin this for later!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Whatever Goes Wednesday! Love krispy treats and these sound yummy. I co-host Sweet and Savoury Sunday and would love for you to stop by and share this and other recipes with us. Have a great day! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome remake of rice krispy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow this looks amazing! I can't wait to try them out. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love marshmallow treats, I especially love the peanut butter chocolate combination! These look amazing! I had one for breakfast that was corn chex, peanut butter marshmallow! Saying hello from tutorials and tips link party!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs