Smile, the Camera's on You

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Happy Saturday! I hope you have a smile on today! Too great of a day to be blue!



This card is my take on combining the Deconstructed Sketch and the Card Concept challenges. The Deconstructed Sketch offers a great layout challenge for this week: 
Deconstructed Sketch 160
I also love the colors in this week's the Card Concept Challenge:


I love that my teal paper is not only a (close) match to the color, but also pretty close to the pattern in the inspiration photo as well!


I went back-and-forth during the design for this card how to incorporate the black without it being too stark. I think the sequins are the prefect touch to bring the black to the card!


The smile sketch file is from Two Peas in a Bucket (which is closing down).

This card makes me smile!

{I party with these blogs!}

3 comments:

  1. I think you're right about the sequins being just the right touch of black, just like in the inspiration pic where there's a hint of the black here and there. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I so envy your CAS style - the sequins are a perfect finishing touch! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love the details.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs