Summer Lovin'

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Does that title have you humming "Grease" songs in your head? 

I think this is the hardest part of summer for me. In New Mexico we are right smack in the middle of our monsoon season, which means on any given afternoon the chance of rain is 80% or so. When it rains it is glorious. The desert smiles and flowers take a sigh of relief. 

But it is short-lived and the impending longness of August looms. The teaser for autumn isn't fair. I compensate by lighting pumpkin and fall-scented candles all year long. :-)

Knowing that summer is long from over, I dove into the CAS-ual Fridays challenge to make a summer-themed card.



The challenge was pretty wide open, so I waited for a color challenge to give me a bit of direction.


I used this week's colourQ challenge and used bright summery colors.


I think this will make for a simple notecard to send my mom. I have a few articles from magazines to send her so I had better get this off to her before Minnesota turns into fall (you know it's coming much sooner than in Albuquerque)!


{I party with these blogs!}

4 comments:

  1. Great use of the colours and this is definitely a perfect summer card! Our challenge had a heart requirement, as well, but I definitely love the clean modern feeling of this! So glad you linked up at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super fun!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colors ... how could you not leave this on your kitchen window sill all summer?! Really fun card. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so CUTE!Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs