Summer Pedicure Colors + Tips

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

One of my favorite things about spring and summer is wearing flip flops on the weekends and open-toed shoes to work. But, in my humble opinion, I think that comes with a bit of responsibility ladies. Your toes have to be taken care of! That doesn't mean a full-on $75 spa pedicure, but spending a bit of time trimming and painting nails is important! 

I always make sure my toes are painted in the summer because I know that I notice others who don't have their toes painted (or need to take a few minutes and repaint them) and don't want to be the one being noticed. So, when Julep reached out and asked me to share my tips for at-home summer pedicures, I knew exactly where I wanted to go with this! Color pairings! 

The Perfect Polish Color Combinations for At-Home Summer Pedicures - From It's Always Ruetten #Julep


There is so much inspiration on Pinterest for fun nail art, but not very much of that is focused on pedicures. I work in a professional setting, so I tend to keep my manicures pretty basic (but not always). So I use my pedicures as my place to be a bit wild. I don't have enough talent to make drawings and flowers on my nails... but I can pair colors like a boss! Above are my favorite eight polish combinations from Julep polishes

Even if you're a one-polish-per-pedicure type of gal, these combinations would work well for a manicure and a pedicure (one polish for each). After pairing the polishes together, it was pretty clear to me that some combinations leaned more traditional while others were a bit more out there. 

Using the guides below might be helpful to narrow down the right polishes for your nails (or event that you are painting them for).

First up is classic colors. The classic colors pair a light color with a traditional bright and saturated color.

Classic Nail Polish Combinations

The bold colors are perfect for summer. These put together two strong colors to work off of one another. With these polishes they play together rather than one being the main focus.

Bold Nail Polish Color Combinations

Last up are the trendy colors. These pair some sort of metallic glittery color with a summery beachy color. The glittery color could either be painted over the main color or used as an accent on only one nail. 

Trendy Nail Polish Combinations

My favorite color pairings are the bold colors. I have had a yellow pedicure before (you can actually see it here), but I didn't feel the yellow was strong enough. So for my at-home summer pedicure, I chose to paint my nails hot pink and pair them with a clear-black confetti polish.

For the best at-home pedicure, I followed quite a few of the steps suggested in Julep's Guide to the Perfect At-Home Pedicure. I took special care to clean up my cuticles and took my time to paint the smoothest layers of colors. 

Hot Pink & Blank Summer Pedicure (plus the best nail polish color combinations for pedicures)!

What color pairings are your favorite? What colors do you like to pair together?

{I party with these blogs.}

9 comments:

  1. Sun fun! I always love fun colored nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'm really feeling the red and nude right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the robin's egg blue and gold combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the robins egg and gold.. but I totally did a shellac diy last night on my fingers in hot pink and black.

    craftingafairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the coral and the turquoise paired with the sparkles! Summer is definitely when I like to be bold with my pedicure (and manicure!) colors.

    bellebrita.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so pretty! Thanks for sharing on Show-Licious!

    Pinning!
    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing about manicure,/.
    mobile nail artist

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading this! I try to just do my own thing on my blog, but it's nice to have people who inspire you when you're just starting out!
    clic here

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really a nice and informative blog,
    enail

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs