Baby Lucas D Card

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Yesterday was a diaper shower for a co-worker who is expecting his second son any day now. Halfway through the shower, his wife received a call from her doctor telling her that she was in labor (she had just come from his office) and that she needed to head to the hospital where they would perform her c-section in just a few hours! How crazy is that? Good timing on our part for the shower!

Handmade Baby Boy Elephant Card using Silhouette Portrait

Since my gift (diapers and wipes) wasn't too exciting, I wanted to give them a handmade card to celebrate their newest (soon-to-be) member of the family. I went for the classic navy and gray color scheme and added a cute baby elephant... I mean what says baby more than a cute elephant?

Baby Boy Name Cut Out using Silhouette Portrait

I used a gray and white polka dot paper and used a welded Silhouette cut file I made of the baby's name which was a great balance to the sketch of the elephant above the baby blue twine boy.

Handmade Baby Boy Elephant Card using Silhouette Portrait

I used a white sketch pen to outline the elephant (this cut file in the Silhouette store) and went over the design three times just to get the best coverage.

Baby Boy Elephant Card using Silhouette Portrait

I even used my "handmade for you" stamp on the back!


I hope by the time this publishes, there is a baby Lucas in the world! Congrats to the parents!

{I party with these blogs!}

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Nice job! Found you on The DIY Dreamer link up =) Kyla @ http://houseofhipsters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card, but I have to disagree about the shower being good timing - I'm thinking having it a week before would have been better!!! Then the Mum would have had chance to sort out the gifts, see what's there and what they still need to get. I guess babies come when they are good and ready and don't always fit in nicely with the adults social plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs