Eek! It's a Spider! {Free Silhouette Cut File}

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I am so grateful to all the wonderful designers, bloggers, and creative folks out there who create and share free cut files for the Silhouette. It's not that there aren't thousands of designs available for purchase, but it's great not to have to spend a bundle to get a great design! My first Halloween card of the season was made with completely free cut files (including the one I am sharing with you today)!

Eek! Halloween Card made with Silhouette Portrait (free cut file included)

I wanted to use a spider web theme, but didn't want it to be scary or gross. I also knew I wanted to use traditional Halloween colors, so when I saw the ColourQ's challenge come up, I knew where I was going to go with this card (love it when that happens)!


I haven't yet done the print and cut with my Silhouette, so I'm a big fan of the sketch pens... except for one thing. They can't fill in text with a solid color like I would be able to with printing. I found a work around for this card, but filling in the design with the sketch pen and then rubbing it off. It gives it a more subtle look, but it helps the white to stand out on the bold orange.

FREE eek Cut File for Silhouette!

To get the eek file for yourself, just click on the link below for the download!

Get this FREE Halloween Silhouette Cut File at It's Always Ruetten

eek file - version 3 (test cuts done with this)
eek file - version 2

To use the files, download the version you need, open in Silhouette Studio, ungroup the image and either use print and cut, or use the sketch pen and not cutting the outer edge, then finish by cutting the outer edge.

Here are the links to the other free cut files I used:

Spider Web - Bird's Cards
Spider - Create Your Everyday Memories

Hope you enjoy, let me know if you have any trouble with the file!

{I party with these blogs!}

2 comments:

  1. Amazing web!!! I love your card, just the right amount of spookiness. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Julia! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs