Fall Feathers

Monday, October 6, 2014

One thing that I love about fall, more than any other season, are all of the textures that are found all around us. Whether it's a cozy blanket, a knit sweater, twigs under foot, or feathers on the ground. It's such a rich season and it's fun to bring some of the outdoors inside into decorating, dressing, and crafts. One trend I am loving this fall, is the use of feathers.


It seems like as soon as I shared my Fall Feather and Glitter wreath, feather projects stared popping up everywhere (I'll be humble and admit that I know I didn't influence anyone to use feathers in their projects. :-) ). I love seeing feathers pop up this season. I think they add a touch of class and beauty to just about any setting.

Here are just a few of my favorite fall feather features - some from this season and some from falls past! Please pin from the original source.

feather-wreath
Twig & Feather Wreath | Chatelaine

Falling Feathers Infinity Scarf: Charlotte Russe
Feather Infinity Scarf | Charlotte Ruse (no longer available)

fall-feathers
DIY Gold Leaf Feathers | Bliss at Home


Cork & Feather Place Cards - homework  (3)
Cork and Feather Place Cards | Carolyn's Homework

Pantone Emerald Green Fall Feather Wreath via Nest of Posies
Sequins and Feather Wreath | Nest of Posies

Stampin' Up! Four feathers stamp set. I love the effect of spritzing water on inked stamp then stamping! I'm off to my craft room!
Hello Fall Card | Pinterest

http://simplestylings.com/diy-gold-tip-feather-garland/
DIY Gold Tip Feather Garland | Simply Stylings

Feather napkin rings

Fall Feather & Glitter Wreath | It's Always Ruetten

fall decorating vignette
Vase of Feathers - Fall Home Tour | Home Stories A to Z

Hello Feather Card | Amusing Michelle

Feather Candle Wraps | Midwest Living

fall coffee filter wreath, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday d cor, wreaths, A couple of hours will get you a pretty spiffy and inexpensive new fall wreath Unbleached coffee filters a foam wreath and the decorations of your choice Pretty great results from a whole lotta nothin

Double Feather Lariat Necklace - GOLD

Are feathers friend or foe in your book? I can't get enough of them this season!

If you were featured, be sure to grab my button here.

16 comments:

  1. I'm loving the feather trend too Julia! I was at Pottery Barn recently (just browsing) and saw some feather covered balls, so I might try to DIY it. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the feather trend as well. That feather necklace and the garland really caught my eye. Thanks for putting all of these great feather photos together! Stopping in from the link up today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vase of feathers and those cork place cards are my favorites. I love handpainted ones. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome roundup! I'm in love with so many of these ideas:) Your wreather is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all! I featured you from last week's party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collection! I love feathers and have been collecting them since I was a kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great list for inspiration! I LOVE the colors of the twig and feather wreath. So pretty! Thanks for sharing! Pinning!
    -Michelle @TheGraciousWife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just telling a friend the other day how "on trend" feathers were (she had a broach with a feather on, and then here you are with a lovely collection to prove my point. Thanks, I've off to check out some of the projects now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple and elegant! Esp candle wraps and necklace.
    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these ideas so much I scheduled a Tweet to share your post on Thursday. Thanks for sharing this at Busy Monday. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic fall feather ideas! Coming to you from Treasure Box Tuesday! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been loving all the feathers this fall! I have one in my blog logo...kind of a personal thing, but they are so nice to see on trend! Good round up! Kyla @ http://houseofhipsters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE all of these feather ideas! I will definitely pin a few of them! Thanks for sharing! Lindi @www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love all your beautiful feather ideas! I have quite a collection of feathers and am always looking for new ways to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those corn husk feather candle holders.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs