'Tis the Season

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sorry for two posts in one day. I had to get this posted so I could enter the card before the challenge closes tomorrow morning. Even thought we may still be months from Christmas (and only two days from Halloween), I've decided to get a jump on my Christmas cards when inspiration hits me, rather than rushing around at the last minute. I really love the black, white, red, and gold look, so I tried it out on this card and love how it turned out!


I used two card-making challenges (and inspiration from one of the challenge entries) to create this graphic card. I made the deer silhouettes out of the same printable vinyl that I made the eye glass art out of a few months ago (and that I used in a gift tag exchange that I haven't shared yet).

The first challenge is the CAS(E) this Sketch! Challenge:


The other challenge is from the Christmas Card Challenge with the theme Anything Goes!

I always love looking through the entries others have submitted before getting started on my card. My thought is that any little bit of inspiration helps! I absolutely love this card that was shared at the CAS(E) this Sketch! link up and used it as inspiration while creating my card.


I love the negative cutout and tried to emulate that in my card. I also purchased the 'Tis the Season cut file from the Silhouette Store, even though I am pining for this Avery Elle Season's Greetings die cut (hint, hint - for Christmas).


So, as we get pretty darn close to the kick off of the winter holidays, I say - 'Tis the Season!

{I party with these blogs!}

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cards! I am getting a Silhouette today and I can't wait to make some cards!
    My Recent Post: http://creativehouseblog.com/one-burlap-wreath-for-all-seasons/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a super cute card, I'd buy that if I saw that in a cute boutique shop! Glad I saw this over at Serenity Now's link party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card, I love the gold dear!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs