Dress It or Accessorize It?

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Hey guys! I have kind of a fun post for you today. Something a little different. At the end of the year (or beginning of next year... depending on how you look at it) I am planning on attending a formal, black-tie gala. My mom is going to fly into town to attend with me (and we're going to honor what would be grandpa's 100th birthday on New Years Eve). Since the event will be in the dead of winter and is only about 6 weeks away, I'm trying to not completely procrastinate on what to wear.

I'm trying to decide if I want to splurge on a dress (that I will, most likely, wear once) or wear the gown I bought for $1 (yep, $1 - read about that great deal here) and just accessorize it with jewelry that I can wear again. It sounds like a better deal to get the jewelry, but there are some great vintage gowns out there too!

Here are the choices I have "narrowed" it down to... tell me, what are your favorites?

Dresses





Necklaces

These would be worn with this black gown:




I would probably add a bolero or shrug since it will be so cold out. So... what do you think? Dress or necklace?

{I party with these blogs!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs