A Merry Little Christmas...

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Over the weekend I was talking with my mom about the trend of decorating for the holidays in neutrals and metallic's this year. We both agreed that we have been seeing that color pallet all over... in stores, magazines, and on blogs. Not to mention that we live thousands of miles apart and are seeing the same thing. 


I actually really love the trend and if I had a larger space (or more spaces) to decorate, I would try to move in that direction. But there is something to be said for the classic red and green Christmas combination. So my card today is in honor of Classic Christmas!

It all started with a fantastic sketch from The Sweetest Thing. I have really come to enjoy the sketches Karen puts together. They are clean and simple and really just speak to me.


The wording is from a sketch file from the Silhouette Store. I love the mix of script and print fonts together. After making the card, I'm not sure I would use the silver ink if I were to remake it, but I certainly think it works okay together.


I knew I wanted to feature the snowflake paper, so I decided to keep the other papers somewhat simple and complementary to the snowflakes. This week I also linked up to the Christmas Card Challenge - Anything Goes.


I can't believe how quickly Christmas is coming! How is your gift shopping coming along?

{I party with these blogs!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs