DIY Mini Card Gift Tags

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

These Mini Card Gift Tags totally happened as an experiment success. Late one night I was looking at my scraps of black card stock to see if I had any piece big enough for a small card, when I saw the dimensions for a card that was is only 3.5"x2.125". As luck had it, I had a scrap of black card stock just the right size to make two cards that size!

Update: Found the free You Shine cut file here!


Not until I had the card stock cut and folded did I realize how small the "cards" actually would be. I'm not sure when I would use them as an actual card, but for a gift tag.... as they say in Minnesota: You Betcha!

Even though I was just playing around with scraps, I was able to create these gift tags in the shadow of three challenges!

First up, the sketch from CAS(E)! this Sketch:


Then the theme from The Paper Players:


Last up, the color challenge from Merry Monday Christmas Challenge:


To make these tags for yourself, start by cutting your card stock to size. First cut your card stock to 3.5". Rotate the card stock 90 degrees and cut it at 4.25", then score and fold at 2.125". Card base done.

Next, cut the You Shine border design out of printable gold foil. {I used a cut file for the You Shine embellishment that I found somewhere... but for the life of me I can't find the original source! I will update as soon as I find it so I can give proper credit.}

I used scrap printable gold foil, so there are parts that didn't cut on both tags. But rather than counting them as spoiled, I used sequin embellishments to highlight those areas instead. I used gold and clear/silver sequins and black and white twine to create the tie. At this point, be as creative as you would like! Attach embellishments until your heart is content!

I absolutely love how these turned out and already have one attached to the gifts I'm putting in the mail to my old college roommate!


{I party with these blogs!}

8 comments:

  1. Oh, these are gorgeous! I love how you used the sketch for little cards/tags! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these gorgeous tags! Printable gold foil? Now that is something I need to look into! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the creativity! Gorgeous gold and black too!
    Great to see you at CTS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and adorable! The sentiment and colors are unique and are all lovely. This inspired me as I am working on my personalized Christmas wishes this year. Thank you.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty and so gorgeously CAS! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Julia! These are stunning! They are perfect as gift tags, for sure! The sequins add the perfect touch. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players in our Black Tie challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia - these a beautifully classy tags! Love them. Thanks for playing along with this week's Merry Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia, these are just beautiful! I love the idea of gift tags! The sequins are so pretty! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs