If You Just Believe...

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

If somebody were to ask me to list my three favorite holiday movies, I would confidently choose: 1. Home Alone (hands down), 2. The Polar Express, and 3. tie - Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and The Santa Clause.

I vividly remember seeing The Polar Express in theaters when I was in high school. I'm not a huge fan of adults (okay, pre-adults) watching animated movies, but The Polar Express is certainly an exception. If you have seen the movie, in the final scene the dad finds a bell under the Christmas tree (Santa's bell, to be exact) and when he shakes it, it doesn't ring for him. He says something like, "Too bad this pretty bell doesn't ring." But the children hear it. If you just believe (in Santa)... you will hear the bell ring.


So using the inspiration of The Polar Express, I chose to feature a glittery Christmas bell in this festive card. I was inspired by the My Favorite Things sketch and the great December 25 cut file from 17 Turtles.
Print

I had the December 25 cut cut out, but I didn't know what I wanted to put on the card for the heart in the sketch. I started looking around and found these jingle bell cut files from Images by Heather. I cut them out and used double-sided adhesive paper and two colors of glitter to create the silvery bell.


So what are your favorite holiday movies?

{I party with these blogs!}

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs