Merry & Bright + FREE Christmas Cut File

Thursday, December 18, 2014

I can't believe we are officially one week away from Christmas and already on night three of Hanukkah! December has just flown by! My office Christmas party is tomorrow night, although, except for decorations, it doesn't much feel like Christmas around here. We are on pace to have the warmest and wettest (rain) December on record! All this Montana girl wants for Christmas is some snow that will stick around!

Merry & Bright + FREE Christmas Cut File

Over the weekend, I had a nice time just staying in, not running any errands or being in any stores. It was a nice change of pace. I also spent some time making a few cards (of course) and even created a layered Christmas bulb cut file that is on this card! 

I knew that if I just waited patiently, the inspiration would come for this Wanna Sketch layout from Dahlhouse Designs... and sure enough it did! But I couldn't find a cut file on Pinterest or in the Silhouette Store that met my needs... so I made one myself!

Here is the sketch:

DDWS22

And here are the Christmas lights I made:

How cute are these vintage glittery Christmas lights that are made out of paper?! They are actually a Silhouette cut file... and it's FREE to download from It's Always Ruetten. {Just click the picture to get to the download.}

The lights are actually a layered cut file. The glittery part is double-sided adhesive that I sprinkled loose glitter on. I LOVE how they turned out! Get your free cut file download here:


You will want to ungroup and first use a pen to sketch the threaded part at the top of the light, then cut out the entire light. Then separately cut out the bulb portion for the glitter (or colored card stock).

I love the vintage Christmas lights and am excited that I was able to incorporate them in to a card!

What is one of your favorite old-timey Christmas things?

{I party with these blogs!}

3 comments:

  1. I am a huge light bulb fan, so i absolutely love your glittery string of lights. brilliant card, i'm so thrilled you were inspired by wanna sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Julia and I love the old bigger light bulbs. My real favorite are the old bubble lights since I'm from an older generation. Thanks for sharing the cut files. Are those for a silhouette? I don't have one but I downloaded them anyway.
    Where in MT do you live? We used to live on Canyon Ferry Lake, the south side, on 20 acres. I still miss it so much. We've lived a few places but MT is still my favorite of all places, even San Diego where we moved to MT from. Canyon Ferry Lake is south of Helena. We lived there from 92 to 99. Dumbest thing we ever did was leave there. Would love to hear from you. Please reply to email address used for this comment. Hope your Christmas is wonderful this year. Happy days Think I will subscribe to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Julia! A big fan of the glitter :D Thanks for the free cutting file, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs