Rustic Glittery Wreath

Monday, December 15, 2014

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! Who was productive with the holiday check list? Luckily I'm done with all of my shopping, ordering, and shipping... so now it's just a countdown to next Thursday! Last weekend I put together my Christmas wreath and love that it's a mix of rustic, glitter, and modern. It is perfectly matched to the chilly, but not white weather, we've been having this season.


This was a simple, quick, and cheap wreath I put together. I found the wreath at a thrift store for $2.99 and snapped it up in a heartbeat. It's a little nicer than a lot of other fake wreaths and after Googling types of pine trees, I think it might be a Ponderosa pine wreath.

The pine needles are tipped with gold glitter for a rich look.


I re-used the MERRY sign from last year's hanging basket. The size of it is perfectly proportioned to the wreath and who can pass on the plaid? 


I originally planned on only using a glitter bow (purchased 50% off at Michael's) and attach the Merry with twine or something, but when I pulled out my supplies, the glitter clothespins stood out and were the perfect addition to the wreath.





I am loving the mix of textures and colors. The pine wreath was such a great buy!


What is up on your door this year?!

{I party with these blogs!}

1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome! Guess we're on the same "rustic" wavelength! I just created 2 rustic sets on Polyvore. Sounds like we're having the same kind of weather as you. To be honest, I'm happy we're not shoveling right now! Stopping by from Creative Mondays. Hope you have an awesome Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs