First Friday {February}

Friday, February 6, 2015

As we know all too well, when I force myself to post something on the same day each week (hello Finding Friday of early 2014), I'm likely to not follow through. So, I thought I would sort of tweak my Finding Friday idea and turn it into a first and last Friday of the month post. In these posts I plan to share things I'm currently loving, books I'm reading, recipes I want to make, projects I love, goals I want to accomplish. Then at the end of the month, I'll look back and see how they went!

So, without further ado, here's my first First Friday!

1. Did you catch the reunion of Saved by the Bell on Jimmy Fallon? You have to watch it if you haven't already. It's even better if you're a big fan (like I am). I admit that I still watch the show on Sunday mornings! #zakandkellyforever


2. Don't miss this amazing promotion going on at Amazon for a limited time. Their Kindle Fire HD 6" is on sale for only $84! The price is normally $99, which is still a great deal, but $15 off is well... money in the bank! I haven't kept it a secret how much I love my Kindle, but I had just a basic reading device. So, just a few weeks ago (before the promotion started) I bought the Kindle Fire HD 6". My main motivation for buying it was so I can check out e-books from my library and I have to say... I am loving it so far!

3. Speaking of my Kindle, I'm reading two books right now - Hannah's Dream and The One I Left Behind. Both are a little slow so I'm hoping they pick up soon or I'm going to have to shelve them (metaphorically, of course) for something different.

   

4. Last week I thawed out some frozen raspberries Morgan and I picked over the summer. I want to use them up before they go bad so I'm thinking I might make this raspberry bread from Averire Cooks (or maybe these tried-and-true muffins that I shared all the way back in 2013).

The Best Raspberry Bread - There's almost more raspberries than bread! Super soft and just bursting with juicy berries! So delishhhh!

5. I cannot believe Valentine's Day is next Saturday! That's already six week in to 2015... SIX! I haven't put a single thing out for Valentine's Day decor in my apartment, but I might try to tackle a wreath for the front door. Especially considering I still have this wreath up. I am so inspired by this graphic yarn and felt wreath from Julie is Coco and Cocoa.

Hugs and Kisses XOXO Valentine's Day Wreath

6. A goal for this month is to hit up some flea market(-ish) stores here in Albuquerque. I'm pretty well stuck in my little part of town visiting the same second-hand stores so I want to branch out a bit. My inspiration for this comes from Katie at A Dash of Whimsy. She recently visited Albuquerque and visited stores I've never been too... and bought the best stuff (I hope there is still good stuff for me too!)! Check out her finds here.


Well I think that's all I have for this inaugural First Friday! Thanks for reading! I'll be back with my Fourth Friday post on, you guessed it, the fourth Friday of the month!

{I party with these blogs!}

5 comments:

  1. I loved Saved by the Bell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember watching saved by the bell as a teen and my kids watched reruns as well
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that Saved by the Bell skit was hilarious. I had never seen it before, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea. I have recently started a new blog and am always thinking of themes for my days and am afraid that I might fail at it - haha!

    www.simplisticchaos.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs