L is For the Way You Look at Me...

Monday, February 9, 2015

Hi guys! This weekend was so nice. It was quiet (my favorite) and we had this crazy warm weather - I'm talking 73°! I opened windows and kept the front door open whenever I was home. It was a nice preview of spring, but I'm a winter lover, so I really hope it gets cold again.

I laid low on Sunday, just taking care of laundry and cleaning around the house. I also pulled out my Silhouette for the first time in a few weeks and made some Valentine's Day cards. I'm planning on sharing my cards weekly on Monday's rather than one in a post. We'll see how it goes. 

After I made these three cards, I noticed they all had a common theme... LOVE (hence the post title...)! It's kind of cool to see how one theme can be interpreted in different ways, even by the same creator.


I combined both a sketch challenge and a color challenge. The sketch challenge is from The Sweetest Thing and the heart overlay is this cut file that you can find in the Silhouette Design Store.


The color challenge is from The Paper Players this week...


Next up is a card I made specifically to use the little mini-clothespin embellishment.


I used another sketch from The Sweetest Thing...


I bought the Valentine's Day mini-clothespins for 50% off at Michael's. I've wanted to use mini-clothespins for a while, so I am excited that they worked out in this card. The love heart that I cut with my Silhouette, I attached to the card with a mini-clothespin.


Lastly, I used this week's Freshly Made Sketches sketch for my last Valentine's Day card.


It is actually a very similar sketch to the one above. 


I kept this card very simple. I cut two of the LOVE cuts with my Silhouette and then layered them off-set to create a shadow. I added silver and red accents for Valentine's Day.


Check out my Valentine's Day cards from last year here!

I hope you all have a great start to your week!

{I party with these blogs!}

4 comments:

  1. You make the cutest cards! Love the die cuts! Thanks for sharing one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS creations! They are all fabulous and certainly created WITH love too! So glad you shared these with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little bundle of cards! I love all the die cuts you've created...especially the scrolling heart one that you shared with us at The Paper Players! Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! I just adore that heart overlay cut file and might have to go shopping :) Great use of the challenge colors. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs