The Cards the White Pen Failed...

Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Monday! I had an unusually (mostly due to my normal level of laziness) productive weekend. Errands completed, house cleaned, oil changed! So nice to have a clean apartment! But so much work to keep it that way. Anyway... I made sure to make some cards this week. There were really great theme and layout challenges I didn't want to miss out on this week.

But the theme of my cards this week, is... "The Cards the White Pen Failed...". I tried using my white Silhouette pen on two of the three cards this week and it just didn't turn out with the intensity I wanted. On the first card it smudged (my fault, sort of) and on the second card it basically erased itself as it wrote. Annoying. But practice makes... betterment.

Never Iron a Four-Leaf Clover, Because You Don't Want to Press Your Luck | Fun St. Patrick's Day Card | It's Always Ruetten

The first card is a St. Patrick's Day card. I love St. Patrick's Day... mainly because I love emerald green. For this card I combined a layout sketch and a challenge to make a card that is monochromatic. Other than the faint white ink and the smudging over the Never Iron, I really like this card. The green background is sort of iridescent and adds a fun element to the card. 



I chalked up the problems with the white pen on the last card to user error. So I went straight into a second card using the white pen only to be disappointed again. This time it was as though the pen was erasing itself as it double wrote it. Maybe I should only have the pen write one time. But I'm still happy with the look of the card. It was a bit hard to photograph and everything looks really sort of blah, but the colors really are bright and vibrant in person.

Bestest Wishes Birthday Card | It's Always Ruetten

Here's the sentiment close up:


I used a theme challenge (hearts or arrows) and a layout sketch for this card:



Here's another photo of the card. 


The last card this week is actually the first of its type that I've made... a Get Well card!


I didn't get the cleanest cut o the words, I'm thinking maybe my blade needs to be replaced. I used a photo/theme challenge and layout sketch 



Well there it is! Another week, another set of cards!

Check back tomorrow for my best dressed from last night's Academy Awards! Hope the start to your week is a good one!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, Julia! I especially love the first one -- that sentiment is fabulous! Wonderful take on the CTS sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. White ink is so tricky. I love the fun colors and arrows on your card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Loving the brilliant sentiment on the first card! White ink is rarely not a nightmare! I never seem to have much luck with it. A great, cheery trio of card though! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that punny sentiment takes the cake! I give you credit for working with the white pen...I've all but given up on mine! I like the chalkboard effect on your monochromatic green card...perfect for St. Patrick's Day! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such super cards! Fun colors! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty card Julia! Love the fresh colours!! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards! Thanks so much for playing along with The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are lovely! I love how you've used the bright colours from this weeks inspiration pic. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs