Fourth Friday {March}

Friday, March 27, 2015

Happy Friday! Morgan and I are off to Roswell and Carlsbad Caverns for the weekend, so a quick Fourth Friday today! I feel like a broken record saying this, but how is it that a full month has passed since I shared my First Friday post! Just so fast!

1. First up is a recap of my First Friday post...
     .I made the corned beef with a can of Guinness, and man, it was great! Everyone needs to try this!
     .Little Odo had the best birthday ever! My college roommate was in town and Erin fell head-over-heels in love with her, so she was completely in her element of being center-of-attention on her birthday. It was actually pretty cute to watch.
     .Yeah, so... about reading. I just haven't been feeling it lately. I don't know if it's because I haven't found a great book to read... or... But I hate that I haven't been reading lately. So needless to say I didn't finish either book (The Girls from the Five Great Valleys and Love Saves the Day).
     .I still haven't read the post on blogging legally. I really should do that. I can't imagine it will take me more than five minutes.
     .I was so excited this past Sunday when Mad Men started streaming on Netflix!!! I did well and only have seen three episodes. I am trying to not binge watch them, but it's so tempting!
     .I more than lucked out with my desk chair hunt. I didn't find the chair I shared in that post, but I, of course, found an even better chair (read about it here).

2. I'm obsessed with the viral videos coming out of the late night talk shows. I literally laugh at everything Jimmy Fallon puts out. But James Corden is giving him a run for his money. Have you seen this hilarious video with Tom Hanks?


3. This month I signed up for a supplemental retirement plan at my work (I know, yawn... but I love financial planning), and now I feel like Warren Buffett! Anyway, I encourage everyone to read this article from Suze Orman that explains what steps you should take for your retirement depending on your age. The lesson? Save as early as you can!

4. Do you guys read a lot of blogs? I sure do. I love them, they are what inspired me to start this here blog. But I notice a trend of... perfection on many of the blogs I read. Hardwood floors, bright big windows, unlimited budgets. It can sometimes feel like a lot of pressure to be perfect. It's like we're all living in a Pinterest generation. 

But this month, Chelsea at Two Twenty One shared a great post about her new kitchen counters. New kitchen counters that aren't granite, marble, or concrete. They are laminate. Like what we all have! Like what I would be able to afford (and maintain) in my own home (one day). It's truly a great post.

Why I chose laminate kitchen countertops instead of granite.

5. This month I discovered Scandal on Netflix. I have no clue how I have missed this show over the years?! I love it! I'm not sure I'mall over Team Olivia Pope like a lot of people are. But I love this show! Check it out if you haven't already.


6. Last up for this Fourth Friday... I have some personal news to share. I will be starting a new job in a few weeks! I found out earlier this month and it was quite a surprise, to say the least. I love the job I have, but was given an opportunity to take a position that I just couldn't say no to. 

I am still trying to make myself believe I can do the new job successfully. I have realized how lucky I am to have the best support team beside me. Between my family, friends, and co-workers, everyone has been so positive about this change. I just need to start believing in myself!

Believe you can and you're halfway there. | Teddy Roosevelt quote | free printable from onsuttonplace.com

I don't know what my new job will mean for the blog... but I hope to still keep it going - even if with a bit fewer posts.

Have a great Friday and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs