Winter Wonderland Crafting

Monday, March 2, 2015

Oh, Monday. How I haven't been dreaming of you coming. But yet, here you are. This weekend was a snowy one here in Albuquerque. This picture is from Friday morning... and it proceeded to snow all Friday night into Saturday morning. At the end of it all, I had about a foot at my apartment. It was the most snowfall in Albuquerque since 2006 and one of the top snowy days in the city since 1930!


I loved the snow. I miss snow. Terribly. But my capitol crud just continued to get worse over the weekend so I wasn't able to actually enjoy the snow. But it was so pretty to look at through the windows. In between my runny nose, coughing, and sneezing I did get around to making a few cards. I ended up napping so much that I didn't get much done. 


I call this my dreaming of spring card. Although I love the snow and cold weather, we really are on the road towards spring, so this card is inspired by the inevitably great weather than is just around the corner!




A simple, bright card for spring!


I also made a masculine-themed birthday card. The colors don't quite show up in the photographs, but the two colors are a dark gray and a light mint green. The dots are a complementary yellow.


The card didn't turn out exactly as I envisioned, but I am running low on the gray coverstock, so I had to limit some my original plan.



A bit of dimension, but still simple.


Hope your week is off to a nice start!

{I party with these blogs!}

5 comments:

  1. Awesome cards! I love your beautiful dreaming of spring card...perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are beautiful...love the colors on the masculine card and what gorgeous flowers on the CTD card...awesome use of the colors!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for brightening a bad day!! Hope you are feeling better. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! I love that floral paper on the first one! And your take on the CTS sketch is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bright pinks and fabulous flowers. Thank you for reminding me that Spring is, indeed, around the corner. Like you, I love the snow.... but after 5 months, I am so ready for Spring! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs