First Friday {April}

Friday, April 3, 2015


Happy Good Friday! This afternoon is a spring holiday, so I will be off work at noon. Yay for seeing sun and getting a weekday haircut! I'm looking forward to this nearly-three-day weekend. What do you have planned for the first weekend of April?

April is always a renewing month and I'm looking forward to it.

1. This month is my birthday month! Yes, I consider the entire month my birthday celebration. The e-mails with birthday coupons have started rolling in, so I'll be shopping on the store's dimes this month! A few years ago I shared a roundup of great birthday freebies. Check it out here!


2. Around my birthday, there is a book that is being released that is at the top of my birthday wish list. The book is titled "Missoula: Rape and the Justice System in a College Town" (my hometown in Montana) and is an investigative piece on rapes on college campuses, namely the University of Montana. I grew up learning to ride my bike on that campus, taking violin lessons in the music hall, and seeing the campus from the doors of my high school. This university is a huge part of Montana's identity so this book will be really interesting to read. Plus, John Krakauer is a great author.


3. I recently discovered the show "TURN: Washington's Spies" on Netflix. So far I have only watched the premiere episode, but it already stands out as an incredible show. I have a feeling I am going to love this show! The second season premieres later this month so be sure to catch it if you have Netflix!


4. Spring has arrived in Albuquerque so I'm looking to switch over my winter clothes, thoroughly clean my apartment, and cook some lighter meals this month. One recipe that caught my eye recently on Pinterest that I want to try is a pasta salad with asparagus (one of my favorites)! The recipe looks like one that can be easily adapted to whatever is in the pantry and fridge at the time.

Mix farfalle, bow-tie pasta, with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, chopped egg, bacon and finish with a lemon balsamic vinaigrette for a Spring Farfalle Salad that’s tastes as fresh as the season. Recipe at littlemsscelebration

5. I purchased the cutest doormat for my front door at Hobby Lobby when it was on sale for 50% off. Let's just say it combines polka dots and over-sized flowers... and I love it. I am in the process of working on a wreath and my front porch planters to match it since I'm planning on starting my "mini-garden" next month. I'm using this photo as my inspiration for my spring porch:


I hope you have a great weekend and a fantastic Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs