Hawaiian Pizza Pasta

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I'm on day five of ham leftovers. Whose with me? I'm not complaining though. I love ham. I'd rather have ham than turkey at Thanksgiving. I'm serious. So when I got the craving for Hawaiian pizza (even after having Hawaiian pizza) I perused Pinterest and found a few recipes for Hawaiian pizza pasta dishes and realized it's the perfect dish to use up some of my leftover ham. Combining two of my favorite things! So here's my take on this sweet-and-savory dish!


The recipe is incredibly easy, comes together quickly, and is so satisfying. I highly recommend adding this to your list of new recipes to try!

Ingredients:
3.5 cups uncooked pasta (I used Rotini)
2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
1/4 cup pasta sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 cups shredded mozzarella/Italian cheese blend
1 cup cubed ham (leftover is best!)
1 cup pineapple chunks, juice drained

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, cubed ham, and drained pineapple chunks.
4. When the pasta is cooked through, drain the remaining water.
5. Slowly pour the cooked pasta into the sauce mixture and combine.
6. Starting with the pasta mixture, layer the pasta and cheese into a sprayed casserole dish.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until all of the cheese is melted.

Hope you enjoy!

{I party with these blogs!}

2 comments:

  1. This is a really interesting idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm starting to feel a little hammed-out myself by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good! I make enchilada pasta often, but honestly never thought about pizza pasta! Just found your blog and I think it's great! I Live in Albuquerque too!
    Liz
    liz-makes.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to send a quick note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs